NEW LOG-IN EXPERIENCE
The Oncology Nursing Foundation has introduced a new feature. Applicants will now have the convenience of using single sign-on (SSO) to access the online platform. The Foundation is committed to providing a user-friendly experience, and the introduction of SSO is part of our ongoing efforts to streamline the application process. With this new feature, you’ll be able to use the same login and password for all ONSE websites.
What You Can Expect
For Users Without an ONS Account but have previously logged in to the apply.onfgivesback.org site:
For Users Without an ONS Account and have NOT previously logged in to the apply.onfgivesback.org site:
- You will receive an email with a link to reset your password.
- After updating your password, you will be able to use your login on onfgivesback.org, ons.org, and oncc.org.
Note: ONS membership is not required for Foundation award, grant, or scholarship applications. Only a free ONS account is required.
- Please click the “register” button to create an ONS/ONF account to use for logging in across all systems.
For Users That Currently Have an ONS Account:
- You will now be able to use your ONS account login email and password to access the application platform just as you would on onfgivesback.org, ons.org, and oncc.org.
- You will not need to reset your existing password. However, the password originally created for the application platform will no longer work.
Funding for Oncology Nursing
Supporting Oncology Nurses as They Learn, Grow, and Lead.
Since 1981, we have awarded more than $30 million in research grants, fellowships, academic scholarships, lectures, public education projects, career development awards, and ONS Congress scholarships.
Welcome and thank you for your interest in the Oncology Nursing Foundation's many scholarship and grants. Please review the tabs above for valuable information on how to apply, points to remember when working on your application, and our volunteer opportunities.
Awards, Grants, & Scholarships
All funding opportunities are tentative and subject to change.
ONS Congress Scholarship
The purpose of the ONS Congress Scholarships is to support a professional nurse interested in improving cancer care by developing their personal knowledge as a result of attending the ONS Congress and sharing this new knowledge with others.
The 2023 ONS Congress will be held April 26th-30th, 2023 in San Antonio, TX
Scholarship: Recipients will receive a scholarship up to $2,000 to apply toward ONS Congress registration, travel to and from ONS Congress, and per diem expenses. To learn more about the scholarship, click here.
Application Deadline: January 5th, 2023
Application Notification: February 2023
Ceira Boyle Student ONS Congress Scholarship
The purpose of the Ceira Boyle Scholarship is to to support a student nurse who is pursing a career in oncology nursing by providing the funding to attend ONS Congress. The ONS Congress offers robust learning and networking among the oncology nursing community practicing across the United States and beyond. Registration to attend the 2023 ONS Congress April 26th - 30th 2023 in San Antonio, TX. To learn more about the scholarship, click here.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2023
Application Notification: April 1, 2023
Purpose: To support rigorous scientific oncology nursing research for PhD prepared investigators. To learn more about grant funding opportunities click here
Letter of Intent (LOI) Application Open: January 2023
LOI Due: May 8, 2023
Full Proposals Invited Based on LOI Review: May 23, 2023
Full Proposal Due from PI’s: June 27, 2023
Connie Henke Yarbro Excellence in Cancer Nursing Mentorship Award
To recognize and support excellence in the mentorship of oncology nurses. To learn more about how you can nominate a mentor for this award, click here
Fall 2022 Application Due:
February 15, 2023 Applicants notified via email by:
The purpose of the academic scholarships is to provide scholarships to registered nurses committed to oncology nursing and pursuing a baccalaureate degree in nursing
, a masters degree
, a research doctoral degree (Ph.D.)
or a clinical doctoral degree (DNP)
. To learn more about each individual scholarship, please click the hyperlinks provided. Application Deadline:
February 1st, 2023 Application Notification:
April 1st, 2023
Click on the "Register" link and complete and submit the registration form.
Login to the award with your email and password.
Create your online application.
During the Call for Applications period, your application can be saved as DRAFT until all the required information is completed and attachments uploaded. As each section is complete, you will see a appear in the category tab when the application is saved. At any time, you can download and print your application by clicking on the icon in the Application Summary section.
On completion, save your application as FINAL. Download and print a copy of your application for your records by clicking on the icon in the Application Summary section in the right column. Note: If an update is required prior to the Call for Applications period, you can make the update and resave as FINAL.
If you require assistance or additional information, please contact the Foundation Team.
Points to remember
We suggest that you use your time wisely by getting a head start and collect any additional required items such as the name and email address for someone writing your letter of recommendation before you begin. Having to interrupt your progress to find information can take even longer, and you do not want to run into a deadline without having all information summited. Your responses should be of good quality, in terms of grammar, punctuation, syntax, conciseness, and ability to answer the question. Use free tools such as Grammarly to ensure proper spelling and sentence structure.
The Oncology Nursing Foundation is looking for volunteers to join our grants and scholarship review teams!
Are you interested in a volunteer opportunity you can complete on your own time from home? Volunteering with the Foundation’s review team is a great way to bolster your resume or CV and provides flexibility for your schedule. Reviewer qualifications and time commitment vary by program. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information on these opportunities.
- ONS Congress®, Stem Cell Transplant, and Leadership Scholarships: About two weeks to review 10–15 applications at 10–15 minutes each (average 3.5 hours).
- Academic Scholarships: About three weeks to review about 15–20 applications (depending on the degree) at 15 minutes each (average 3.75 hours).
- Research Grants: One month to review 2–3 grant proposals at 3–5 hours each (depending on experience).
Requirements and Timeline for Review Team
- Must hold a BSN, master’s, PhD, or DNP degree (will review at the degree level you hold).
- Review in February.
ONS Congress® Scholarships
- Must have attended an in-person ONS Congress.
- Review in early January.
Ceira Boyle Student Congress Scholarship
- Must have attended an in-person ONS Congress.
- Review in March.
- Must have a PhD and have successfully completed a research grant as principal investigator.
- Review between May to July, depending on the role.
Josh Gottheil Stem Cell Transplant Award
- Must have 3–5 years’ experience in stem cell transplant.
- Review in June.
- Must in a leadership role.
- Review in September.
- Faculty must be a senior nurse scientist and able to review two early-career investigator grants proposals and participate in an in-person mock study section.
- Review in May and participate in an in-person or virtual mock study section in June.